Lawful Presence Online Form Information

The online form may be accessed from any smart device. 
NOTE: When using a non-Apple product, occasionally the Verification form listed in the MyForm tab may not appear.  If this occurs, type "verification" in the search bar.

Please log in to your MyCharleston account and complete the Verification of Lawful Presence in the United States form.

Once you are logged in to your MyCharleston account, you will find the form listed under the Registrar's Admissions Office on the MyForms tab.  Once there, please complete the following steps:

  1. Select Verification of Lawful Presence in the United States.
  2. Select the type of document from the list of accepted documents that you will upload as proof of your citizenship.
  3. Upload your selected document.
  4. Type in your CWID to electronically sign the form as acknowledgement of having read and understood the Verification of Lawful Presence requirement.
  5. To complete, click Submit.

Accepted Documents

  • South Carolina driver's license or identification card if issued after January 1, 2002.  The College may verify the validity of the license with the South Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles.
  • Current and valid driver's license or identification card from one of the following states (if your state is not on this list, it is not eligible):
    Alaska, Arizona, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Massachusetts, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri, Montana, North Carolina, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, West Virginia or Wisconsin.
  • Current U.S. passport or U.S. passport that has not been expired more than 10 years.
  • Certified birth certificate indicating that you were born in the United States or a territory of the United States, with your given name and surname, date and place of birth, date birth record was filed and the  seal or other certification of the offical custodian of the certificate.
  • Certificate of Citizenship (N-560 or N-561)
  • Certificate of Naturalization (USCIS Form N-550 or N-570)
  • U.S. Government issued Consular Report of Birth Abroad
  • Unexpired U.S. Active Duty/Retiree/Reservist Military ID card (DOD DD-2)

If you have any questions, please feel free to email  Lawful presence is not the be confused with legal residency.  Legal residency questions should be directed to the Treasurer's Office.