Military and Veteran Students
Each year, the College of Charleston welcomes military and veteran students. So you’ll find many students like you on campus. You'll even attend orientation with other new incoming military and veteran students, giving you the chance to connect with others before the school year begins. Because our military and veteran students are such a valued part of the College of Charleston community, we've dedicated an admission counselor and advisor to assist you.
If you have questions or would like to learn more, contact us.
Applying to the College
There are six student types in which you'll fall as a military or veteran student:
- Transfer students with more than 24 hours of earned college-level credit
- Transfer students with fewer than 24 hours of earned college-level credit
- Students using Joint Services Transcripts or Community College of the Air Force Transcripts
- Active Duty students are either degree-seeking or non-degree seeking
- Readmit students — have attended the College of Charleston before
- Second degree students — have already earned one bachelor’s degree
To learn how your credits (AP, IB or CLEP test scores, etc.) will be evaluated for transfer credit, visit the South Carolina Transfer and Articulation Center.
Coordinator for Veteran, Military and ROTC Recruitment
2nd Lieutenant, South Carolina State Guard
65 George Street, Craig Hall