We welcome a range of students to the College of Charleston — from traditional-age freshmen to senior citizens. Some pursue degrees, while others simply want to audit a few classes and enrich their lives. Whatever your situation, you’ll find what you’re looking for at the College of Charleston.
- If you're 21 years old or older, you are considered an adult student. You can apply either as a degree-seeking student, or a non-degree student.
- Dual enrollment student (taking College of Charleston course while still in high school).
- If you are enrolled at another college or university, but would like to take classes at the College of Charleston, you are considered a visiting student.
- If you are 60 or older and a resident of South Carolina, you can register for classes as a senior citizen for a nominal fee.
- If you would like to take a class but are not pursuing a degree at this time, you can register as a non-degree student. The non-degree quick information sheet can be found here.