CofC Logo

Non-degree Programs

Whether you’re 16, 60 or 116, you can attend the College of Charleston!

The undergraduate non-degree application is closed.  The fall application will be available in April. For information about summer school, go to

We welcome a range of students to the College of Charleston — from traditional-age freshmen to senior citizens. Some pursue degrees, while others simply want to audit a few classes and enrich their lives. Whatever your situation, you’ll find what you’re looking for at the College of Charleston. You have many undergraduate enrollment options:

  • If you're 21 years old or older, you are considered an adult student. You may apply either as a degree-seeking student, or a non-degree student.
  • Dual enrollment student (taking College of Charleston course while still in high school).
  • If you are enrolled at another college or university, but would like to take classes at the College of Charleston, you are considered a visiting student.
  • If you are 60 or older and a resident of South Carolina, you may register for classes as a senior citizen for a nominal fee.
  • If you would like to take a class but are not pursuing a degree at this time, you may register as a non-degree student. The non-degree quick information sheet can be found here.
Please visit our graduate school website if you wish to take graduate classes.